Why a Lean Six Sigma Project Management Software?
A Lean Six Sigma project management software is expected to help standardize and streamline the reporting and reviewing mechanism of any continuous improvement programs. Lean Six Sigma provides hundreds of powerful tools. While many disparate and standalone tools, templates and software are available in the market, typical challenges improvement or change management leaders face are:
- How to track progress and enable gate/phase reviews of multiple projects in a cross functional environment?
- How to roll-up the KPIs without having to spend hours every week?
- How to ensure improvement teams are using standardized tool?
- How to stitch together all the tools, templates and workflows?
- What can be done to standardize the workflow of improvement programs be it - DMAIC, Just Do It, PDCA, Kaizen Event, QFD(Quality Function Deployment), Design for Six Sigma, CDOV(Concept-Design-Optimize-Verify)?
To facilitate and make such continuous improvement programs successful, we are offering Companion by Minitab.
What is Companion by Minitab?
Companion by Minitab is a platform that enables improvement teams and individuals easily plan, execute and capture project status using hundreds of standardized tools. It also enables reporting, reviews, and follow-ups on process improvement projects.
High-level features include:
- An integrated desktop toolkit to complete projects
- A web-based dashboard that instantly rolls up all project data
- Brings visibility to the impact of your improvement program with automatic, up-to-the-minute summaries
- Well organized workflows from the start of each project through to the reporting of key metrics and financials.
Advantage of Companion over custom developed solution
- Companion deployment is quick and easy —your entire organization can be up and running in a matter of days.
- Developed with a deep understanding of continuous improvement programs across multiple industries
- Saves you the cost, time and management of complex software development life-cycle.
- Teams complete their projects faster and more consistently
- Giving you and your stakeholders insight to make critical business decisions.
- Easy-to customize road-maps and templates ensure teams follow your company’s methods and provide the information you need.
Companion by Minitab Features list
There are hundreds of tools, templates and workflows available in Companion. The features are split in to desktop application and a browser based portal to connect all desktop applications of an organization.
Companion Desktop tools
Companion Portal Features
- Project data is encrypted in flight and at rest.
- Secure cloud dashboard always includes the latest features, with no user updates needed.
- Global filters allow you to quickly change dashboard views, and the filter selections are clearly displayed.
- Use built-in customizable reports, or make your own.
- Chart options include Tables, Line charts, Bar charts, Pie charts, Stacked Bar charts, and Charts with targets.
- 24/7 access.
- International number and date displays.
- Search by keyword.
- Save reports to PDF.
- Manage ideas through the project hopper
- Set formal stage gate reviews
- Track changes in fields
- Automated notification and emails
- Secure, central project storage can be accessed from anywhere.
- Project access is restricted by default. Project owners and administrators set access rights.
- Links to projects can be sent by e-mail.
- Include/Exclude projects from Dashboard reports.
- Folder structure enables organized storage.
- Data architects customize the Companion subscription to reflect your improvement methodology.
- Edit and create Project Templates, Management forms and Tool templates.
- Create new data fields or edit existing ones.
- Track change sets, so you know what was changed and when.
- Zero downtime for users while your data architect is updating project templates, data definitions, and forms.
Set roles for all users: Administrator, Data Architect, User, License Administrator.